Thursday, 5 March 2009

Reflection on BL session 3 (26Feb)

What I learnt - I will take away something basic that I observed Wendy doing during the sesson: use DP and screen, open word doc, and during Q/A with students, type up their answers in full sentences so that stu's can see their answers clearly. I will do this instead of scrawling on the whiteboard and then eventualy erase answers contributed in class by stus, hoping that they make notes. Instead I can save word doc and then forward as class group cluster email. Students can then file class notes for using to complete their assignment.

I also, learnt to link theory to various classifications such as I have an idea of 'situative: learning from an experience teacher e.g. observing an experience teacher for the Cert Ed L5 and evaluating outcome', 'Constructive: individual - Kolb, Gibbs' 'Construcive: Social - students learning through pair/group work and sharing experience and knowledge, allowing autonomy rather than teacher lead sessions'. In my sessions with my students I can see that I lean towards the constructive individual and social aspects. There is a shift from my teaching - Associative: where students are taught parrot fashion, repetitive learning e.g. from a text book, in stages and almost scientific managment school of thought'

What I intend to do in the near future - focus on ILT, use of students recording (video recording or voice recording) information on their mobile phones (pair activity), download onto computer, playback and peer evaluation or feedback on the big screen.

Another tearful session :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home